Sunday 15 December 2019

Can I hand-wash clothes labeled “dry-clean-only”??


 Can I hand-wash clothes labeled “dry-clean-only”??

The best way forward is to follow the garment’s care label, because the manufacturer has tested what’s best for the item before selling it. But then, it depends on the fabric as well. Velvet, Leather, and Silk cannot withstand the roughness of the washing machine and don’t do well in water. Nylon, Polyester, and Spandex hold up well to delicate cycles or hand wash, in water slightly above room temperature. This is ideal if people don’t have time to get to the dry cleaner or simply want to extend the time to go to a drycleaner. 
But in the end if the life of the garment has to be sound and long, then it is better if you give it to a dry-cleaner, as they know how to handle the garment!

 #PK

2 comments:

  1. It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it! Måtteservice Løgumkloster

    ReplyDelete